Hire an experienced supportive legal team when emotions and risks run high.
Trust and estate issues can sometimes be emotional and often the stakes are high. We work closely and efficiently with you on these sensitive matters and disputes to help bring about the best resolution in the most cost efficient way. We represent clients in will contests, trust litigation, and conservatorships.
At Beck & Mathiesen we also represent clients in non-litigation matters such as probate of estates and administration of estates through trusts.
We understand the risks involved when dealing with trust and estate litigation and advocate for our clients in a strategic and careful manner.
Our expertise in trust and estate disputes include:
- Will, trust, and estate contests
- Breach of trust
- Misappropriation of money/property
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Undue influence
- Trustee removal
- Financial elder abuse
- Trust administration
Examples of successful trust, estate and civil litigation for our clients:
- Evidentiary hearing and judgment establishing conservatorship of incompetent.
- Evidentiary hearing to establish forgery to deny insurance benefits in a conservatorship.
- Trial and judgment recovering money for wrongful death.
- Evidentiary hearing and judgment to prevent beneficiary from unduly influencing trustor.
- Settlement of case in which trustee accused of self dealing by beneficiaries.
- Settlement between co-trustees disputing disposition of property.